If you have ever been to southern Mexico on a mission trip with GFM, you know about Burger Boy. He’s a legend in our circles. He makes a killer hamburger with some Mexican flavor to it. Here are the ingredients:
- a beef patty
- a slice of ham
- a pile of our area’s specialty cheese
- diced tomato
- diced onions
- pickled chili peppers
- all on a toasted sesame seed bun
Now that’s a mean burger!
During each mission trip, we usually take the team to his stand to eat, or sometimes we have him bring his cart up to our base. To make it worth his while when he brings the cart to our place, we have to eat a lot of burgers. This means that we usually end up having burger eating contests (because otherwise they’ll go to waste). Here are some burger eating records:
- The all-time record for the most burgers eaten was set by a guy last summer–7 burgers
- There are about 10 or 12 members of Club 5, including me. To become a member of Club 5, you have to eat five burgers in one hour.
- Two girls tied last summer for the new girls’ record–5 burgers. I’ve never seen anything like it!
So if you ever come visit us down here in Mexico, be sure to have us take you out to Burger Boy!